Heritage International University
A Worldwide Fully Accredited University
Heritage International University is a non-profit organization designed to contribute to the lives of future leaders and the citizens of nations all over the earth. Our core values are intelligence, desire, wisdom and integrity. Our goal is to be leaders in inexpensive, high quality academics.
Heritage International University is for those who mean business, who are motivated and determined to see it through to the end and achieve their dreams of one of the best educations one can achieve. Other colleges and universities offer some of what we do, but we lead out in all the unique and rare opportunities and benefits of inexpensive distance learning, individual option degrees, interdisciplinary studies and full accreditation.
Distance Learning has Many Advantages and Benefits:
The real advantages of Heritage International University have been and will continue to be:
(1) Accredited, legitimate, respected
(2) Inexpensive or cost effective (instead of costing $50,000.00+, the highest cost for a degree at Heritage International is $4,500-6,500.00. HIU is designed to be a service and yet provide a high quality equivalent or something better than the traditional approach to school
(3) High Quality: distance learning degrees from an accredited college or university are of the same level of quality or better than traditional schools
(4) Interdisciplinary Studies and Individual Option coursework and degree programs, coordinated with the help of one's academic advisor and the graduation committee, empowers the student to learn what would be to his or her best advantage
(5) One can work at one's own pace
(6) Can continue working full-time
(7) Can complete courses and a degree almost anywhere on earth
(8) Flexible hours are adjustable for family and other important responsibilities
(9) Can complete courses at a faster pace without compromising academic quality and growth benefits
(10) Many health problems are not a deterrent to completing an accredited bachelors, masters, or doctorate. This includes certain handicaps, men and women in the military or prisoners who are in a position where they could do the work involved
(11) Students are more motivated when they can study the things that interest them or that they feel are important and valuable
(12) Completing such a degree proves you have what it takes to stay on task, be self-motivated and work independently -- it is a powerful compliment and says a lot about any graduate of such a program
(13) There are no residency requirements or the burden or expense of traveling.
(14) Most of your work can be completed in the privacy of your own home and many disabilities will not deter one from completing a program successfully
(15) For each course there is a highly qualified personal mentor to help you through your studies
(16) You will have access by internet to the best and most current information available in most subjects
(17) The process is designed to develop and cultivate your ability to produce publishable quality writings for the benefit of your professional career
One of the biggest and most heavy problems with traditional colleges is the enormous expense involved and the burden of student loan debt that is incurred, which robs one of enjoying one's full salary for years and years to come. Education is an investment. Distance learning is a wonderfully cost/effective alternative that makes practical sense in the real world. However, there are some Cons or Disadvantages:
(1) Distance learning is not ideal for all learners. If you need a lot of attention or are a procrastinator, this kind of education may be counterproductive,
(2) You must be motivated and a self-starter who can work independently, if not it may get nowhere,
(3) The is a lack of social interaction – no campus atmosphere or traditional college experiences for the socially minded. However, college culture is not always terribly positive. Research has shown that only about 2.7 hours a day are spent on all educational activities including class attendance. About 2 times that amount is spent on shopping, eating and partying. Unfortunately, institutional culture tends to puts undergraduate learning close to the bottom of the priority list.
The following is one of many studies demonstrating distance learning's great value: "Online Learning is Just as Effective as Traditional Education, According to a New MIT Study -- Skeptics beware: Online courses work;" 2017: http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/09/24/mit-study-how-do-online-courses-compare-to-traditional-learning
) The obvious common sense point is an equivalent amount of instruction and student work leads to equivalent or greater learning outcomes. The following reflects on the superiority of our teaching methods, which are based on doing, teaching and practice.
Superior Educational Methods are Employed:
As the above research model shows lectures as used in most colleges and universities only provide a general retention level of about 5%. "Doing,
" which includes writing, teaching the subject to others and applying what is learned is in the 70 to 90% retention category. This is the type of teaching method we use at Heritage International University. It also fits with the 70:20:10 model where research show that our greatest and most effective learning is achieved through experiential methods or actively performing -- doing rather than merely passively listening or taking notes.
Although some writers disagree with the numbers in general in the above model, it is a matter of common sense that the more active one is with the subject they are attempting to master, the more they are likely to retain it. Similarly, since "attention is regarded as the mother of memory," and writing, teaching and practice require one to pay greater attention to the material in order to organize it, articulate and apply it, it has a greater impact on a person's memory. As Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Albert Einstein wrote, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
For this and other reasons, all of our courses require a great deal of writing and most courses obligate that in one of the lessons, the student must present what he has learned to others and send their instructor a video or sound recording of the same. Other courses provide practice as in research and the refining of skills. Our students generally get more out of their studies than traditional students. This means they get a better education through a superior learning method. This is just one of the many benefits we offer.
The conclusion is that there are many more advantages than disadvantages to distance learning of the type that we use and even some of the disadvantages are indirect benefits. This kind of education is a great way to obtain an expertise and recognition without mortgaging one's life with student loans. Our students do not incur a heavy and unnecessary debt burden. Yet, the educational experience can actually be greater and better than what one could get at a traditional university. The dividends are truly great even though one must make the effort and complete what one starts. (See "Individual Option Degrees and Coursework
We offer accredited, distance learning, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. A degree earned from Heritage International University is a "degree equivalent.
" Equivalent means by definition "equal in value, amount, function, meaning, etc.
" (Oxford Living Dictionary, equivalent; 2019: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/equivalent
) Such a degree is identical, the same as, or interchangeable with a regular traditional degree. That is, it is of the same educational value. (See "Why Heritage International University
" at https://heritage-international.university/id28.htm
) This is because the teaching methods used are equal to or superior to those used in most traditional colleges and universities worldwide as seen above in this subsection. Heritage can certify high quality, not just because of accredition, but also because of the checks and balances that are employed to assure the high standards expected of an accredited university are met with every student. In other words, what a student receives, he has earned and is absolutely worthy of.
(See "Standards: Quality Control and Assurances
" at https://heritage-international.university/id26.htm
Is it Worth the Effort?:
Financially -- Most Certainly:
An individual with a doctorate will generally earn an average of 19% more
money in a lifetime than a person with a master's degree. That is close to a half a million dollars more. (World Education Services, Salary Differences Between a Master's and Ph.D. graduates; 2017: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/salary-difference-masters-phd
For practicality, it is in the best interests of any student to get a practical education, but there is the competing drive to be involved in the things that one loves. There is an old saying that, "If you do what you love, you'll always love what you do." Only about 15% of people today are in jobs they really love and thus are truly glad to go to work each day. A balance between what is practical and what is most interesting and enjoyable should be a major consideration of importance in one's choice.
 Internet quote
© 2017: All Rights Reserved.